Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1,064

    Salcombe Regis

    April 22, 2021 in England ⋅ ☀️ 10 °C

    We spent three nights at Salcombe Regis at a site set high above Sidmouth, and were looking forward to catching up with Alan's mum. We had also arranged to see Alison and Russell for a drink on the sea front.
    K's knee problem was improving daily and we walked into town on each day, returning in the dark using torchlight and clear star filled skies.
    Some lovely presents arrived for A to celebrate his birthday on 23rd, which was a nice surprise.
    We enjoyed an early evening rendevous with Alison and Russell on the seafront in the sunshine, however, there was a cold wind rushing along the promenade.
    Matt's parents were travelling nearby and had arranged to stay at Salcombe Regis too on Saturday. We arranged to meet up with them in Sidmouth for an afternoon coffee where they were introduced to great granny mac.
    We retuned to the van in early evening to share a coupe of glasses of wine with Madeline and Richard and to be introduced to Bella their new dog who is delightful.
    A thoroughly good weekend.
    At the end of this short trip Karen's knee was giving no trouble at all.
    Read more