Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1,119

    Muker

    June 16, 2021 in England ⋅ ⛅ 15 °C

    We planned a big walk today, so ate a hearty breakfast.
    Ravenseat and "Our Yorkshire Farm" was a six mile walk away, so we made a plan to visit. Returning to Muker we passed through the Meadow fields, which were very colourful with buttercups, cow parsley, clover etc.in full bloom. We then took the lower path up the Swaledale valley on a lovely sunny, dry day. All we could hear above the sounds of the river was the call of birds (cuckoo in particular) the bleating of sheep and the mooing of cows as we passed from field to field. The waterfalls under East Stonesdale were very pretty.
    We carried along the way where we had lunch on some high ground near to Smithy Holme which is otherwise known as Anty Johns (the house that the Owen family from Ravenseat have purchased) and from there we walked over the moors to Ravenseat along a section of the coast to coast walk.
    We were surprised to see a number of cars passing up the valley to the farm as we thought the cream teas were suspended, however, we were equally delighted to see that this was not the case. We enjoyed a tea and coffee with a fruit scone served by Raven - and little Nancy was "helping" with the clearing up. Clive was having a chat with a mate sitting on a wall outside the farm and gracefully posed for Karen to take his picture..
    There was a steady stream of people coming up the valley in cars, on foot and on motorbikes to the coffee stop. The farm and its surroundings were every bit as stunning as they appear on TV.
    Read more