Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1,126

    Malvern

    June 23, 2021 in England ⋅ ☀️ 17 °C

    We travelled south to stay outside Malvern on the CAMC club site, our plan was to walk across the hills to the west of the town the following day, descending through the town back to the site. Apparently the views from the Worcestershire Beacon are worth the effort.
    We arrived at lunch time and once sorted cycled the 4 miles to Upton upon Severn along the country roads and cycle paths. This is a nice little town with old buildings and an ancient clocktower, a remnant from the old church.
    The Worcestershire Beacon was clearly visible on the hill behind Great Malvern.
    The following morning the beacon had disappeared under a low cloud and the forecast wat not encouraging so we revised our plans fro the day. Instead of the planned walk up the hill s we undertook a more roundabout route into Great Malvern passing through fields and farms. The hedgerows were full of wild flowers in bloom so we collected some to dry for confetti at the forthcoming celebrations.
    By chance our walk took us past the Morgan motor car visitor centre so we spend a couple of minutes having a brief look outside and at the cars on display.
    Great Malvern was a nice town with a sharp walk up to the main high street.
    We took the short route back to the site as we were both quite weary and enjoyed our third sea bass bbq of the year in the evening sunshine.
    We will have to return sometime to complete the climb to the beacon.
    Read more