Satelliet
Weergeven op kaart
  • Dag 1.357

    North Baddesley/Brisbane

    9 februari 2022, Engeland ⋅ ⛅ 11 °C

    With less than 48 hours to our flight we got up early to visit the covid testing station at Eastleigh Football Club ground for our fit for flight PCR test. In early afternoon we dropped the car off at Jo and Syd's who are kindly storing it for us when we are away, followed by a nice walk back to our site at North Baddesley.
    The following day we took the van to the storage depot in Netley and Syd kindly ran us up to our hotel at Heathrow.
    At 4pm we got the results from the PCR tests (huge relief to see a negative result) and our certificates to travel - great - we are now fit to head off at last !!
    With a bright and early start we took an uber at 5am into Terminal 5 ready to join our flight on Qatar airways. The check in provided the most anxious moment as the Australian Embassy was consulted to confirm that all our paperwork was in place. 24 hours later, after a seamless transfer at Doha we arrived in Brizzie in the early evening to be welcomed by Jamie, Samantha and Summer. We were one of the first off the plane to get through immigration so the arrival at Brisbane was quick and easy.
    A couple of beers and a bottle of fizz were opened to celebrate our arrival. Jamie did a quick bbq too. All three girls were delightful as usual and Summer was quick to welcome granny and grandpa.
    The following day was a lazy day to try to unwind the jet lag and on Sunday we visited Redcliffe to peruse the market and enjoy a family meal at The Komo - the seafood platter there seldom disappoints.
    Meer informatie