Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1,480

    North Baddesley

    June 12, 2022 in England ⋅ ⛅ 20 °C

    A quick trip back to do some admin etc..
    We had a wasted day on Monday. We had planned to do a lot of admin then shopping so we could entertain Syd and Jo with a curry evening on Tuesday. But instead we had a small problem with the car which prompted us to call out a breakdown recovery service. We were quickly picked up just north of Micheldever and deposited at a garage off School Lane in Chandlers Ford. We walked back to site having achieved nothing. A quick call to Syd and Jo and we arranged to meet for a lunch at the Chilworth Arms the following day instead.
    On Tuesday we walked through to Chilworth from our site arriving in good time to find our table on a sunny day. The garage phoned us whilst we were there to advise that a brake caliper was the cause of our problem, which would be sorted that afternoon.
    We enjoyed a very pleasant lunch and returned via the woods to our site mid afternoon.
    On Wednesday Karen and her friends did a walk from our site culminating in tea and cake in the afternoon. In the evening Alan walked into Chandlers Ford for a curry evening with friends starting at the Halfway Inn. Wouldn't want to meet the landlady on a dark night and certainly wouldn't dare tell her that the beer was lousy. The curry at the Sunrise made up for it, however, and K came to pick me up at 10:00ish.
    On Thursday we took the van to Sunnydale Storage facility for a few days, big thankyou to Syd once again, then took the car up to London where we were helping out Stewart and Emily with child care.
    Read more