Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1,490

    Sidmouth

    June 22, 2022 in England ⋅ ☀️ 23 °C

    Another big adventure for the girls on their holiday, a trip to see Great Granny Mac in Sidmouth. We put the van back into storage at 10:00am and set off immediately to Sidmouth arriving at about 12:30.
    It was a warm day, so after lunch and a quiet time we took the girls down to the beach in mid afternoon. The tide was right in so there was not much of the sand showing below the pebble line. Nevertheless Karen and Jemima greatly enjoyed paddling in the surf, Mary less so.
    On Thursday the weather had cooled considerably, but we wandered down to the beach anyway to let the girls play in the sand which they greatly enjoyed.
    Friday was a similar day with the added excitement of preparations for Jemima's fourth birthday the following day. The 2 girls helped ice and decorate the birthday cake and assisted in the making of jelly/trifle for the party. The girls chatted non stop as we did so. High levels of excitement!!!! Daddy and Magnus were coming to join us all in the evening, Stewart bringing him down in the car after school.
    Kirsty and Matt joined us late morning to join the celebration.
    We returned to North Baddesley on Sunday after a great few days with the family. We had been feeling a little grotty for a few days so we tested ourselves for covid upon our arrival at the site. We both had a positive test which was not brilliant in the circumstances. We can only assume that we picked up the bug in London.
    Read more