Satellite
  • Day 81

    East Coast driving

    June 23, 2018 in the United States ⋅ 🌧 15 °C

    Today we thought we had a easy drive from Brooklyn to Peabody, Massachusetts where we are staying with Elisa's Aunty Dina, Uncle Steve and three grown cousins.

    We have passed 8000 miles and 19 states.

    Yesterday Google maps said 4 hour 16 min, this morning it said 4 hours 45min and by the time we had reached our final destination it was a 7 hour drive including a short stop for lunch.

    We left at 1120am, as we had a lazy morning and waited for Ger to get home from work and day goodbye. We were very lucky and got a perfect parking place to pack up the car.

    The first 2 hours was bumper to bumper and we barely went the speed limit for more than an hour in a row. The kids did extremely well though and Inara had a great long nap.

    During the drive Josh decided to check out our banking and discovered that our credit card has been used and a ticket to tigerairlines was purchased. It was still a pending transaction and easy to fix but it's just annoying and Josh spent some time chatting to the bank.

    We finally made it to the house. The house has a great big yard and the kids just ran around screaming. After a lovely homemade pizza dinner the rest of the Gatti family came over and we all had make your own Sundaes. The kids loved all the attention and Brandon was in heaven with older boys.

    It was a a large group with 6 aunty and uncles, noni, and 7 adult cousins, either in college or just out of college.

    It was the latest night for the kids yet, finally in bed at 1130pm. They better sleep in.
    Read more