Satellite
  • Day 220

    Mirror, mirror on the Wall

    December 1, 2019 in Uzbekistan ⋅ ☀️ 12 °C

    The verdict is still out, as tomorrow I will arrive in another one of central Asias treasure boxes, Khiva.
    The sights of Bukhara were again overwhelming. Lots of mosques, Madrassas, carvanserais. Bukhara as well as Samarkand were quite comfortably visited with the dog, quiet streets, pedestrian only areas and parks and hardly any tourists around filling the streets. Being here in the off- season is definitely an advantage.
    We first admired the outside of the buildings together, there are not as many cultured dogs around, and then I looked at the inside without the Rexelby.
    When arriving I meet again friends that already were here for a few days; staying on the car park in front of the Ark I got to know Paula and Finn. We declared the carpark our home: Paula cut my hair whilst Fin attempted to fix my reversing camera and in the evening we had some wines and dinner when some other Co travelers arrived who are on the same circuit as I am. It's the 3rd time we bump into each other. It is so wonderful to meet these people again and again, it makes you feel a bit at home on the road.
    Read more