Satellite
  • Day 10

    Indian Head and Champagne pools

    October 9, 2018 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 24 °C

    Day 2 on Fraser Island, and we slept surprisingly well considering we were in a tent on the beach with the waves crashing behind us, but we did pay a little bit extra for a bed rather than a camping mat. This was a good decision!

    Thankfully one of the guides had managed to find me a spare right foot flip flop after my one had broken immediately on our arrival and I was left with no other footwear!

    After breakfast, we jumped back in the 4x4s again and went to a lake which used to be massive that had almost been fully covered by a sand drift, and were taught how to throw a boomerang the Aussie way. During our drives the guide would radio in to tell us to look out to sea to see whales breaching, or to give us the shout that a Dingo was up ahead.

    We stopped at a place called Champagne Pools which is an area on the north coast of the island known for its pools of bubbling water caused by waves crashing over volcanic rock. No bubbles today though but crystal clear water to swim in and some lovely little fish swimming about with us. Finally, before heading back to camp, we climbed up a near cliff face to get to Indian Head, a great lookout over Fraser Island.

    After dinner we shared our Goon with some of the guys and went to bed with a huge thunderstorm lashing over our tents. Thankfully they were fully waterproof.

    Last day tomorrow before heading back to Noosa in the eve! X
    Read more