Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    God morgon Göteborg!

    September 9, 2023 in Sweden ⋅ ☁️ 20 °C

    After a short drive to Göteborg, where we left our car at a park garage because we had heard that many campers standing along the street had been robbed lately, we explored Haga, the old town. There were many shops including pottery and second hand shops. In the second hand shop we tried on funny things and even bought two items. You‘ll probably see us wearing them one day;) We hadnt had breakfast that morning so we went to a glutenfree „baggeri“ which I really had been looking forward to. We tried as many different things as our stomaches allowed. There was a small hill which we hiked to get the view over the city. We went back to Bro (our van) who was waiting for us in the Garage. 296 kilometres and a nap from Nene’s side later we arrived at Kullaberg. In his defence I have to admit that Nene was the one driving out of Göteborg, which had been very exhausting. There were about 50 highway exits and neither our GPS, nor the traffic signs could help us find the way out of this city, so only 3 attempts and 2 wrong exits later we made it on the right road in direction of Malmö. Kullaberg‘s Peninsula was way more touristic than I had expected so instead of following the normal path with the rest of the people to see the view from above we hiked in our Birkenstocks up to a cliff where the view was even better and where we had some more privacy. Originally the plan had been to drive to Lund the same evening to visit the city and to sleep in a camping nearby but as we drove away from Kullaberg nature reserve, we decided we would take it easy and look for a place closer to where we were and check out Lund in the morning. Turns out this was a great decision because on our way we saw a farmers market where we stopped, drank a cocktail and had dinner. (Don’t worry the one that drove didn’t drink alcohol) The food was amazing and our tummies were really satisfied later on. The day finished off with a perfect timing as we arrived at the camping about 10 mins before sunset so we got to see and enjoy it fully. The only thing that bothered me slightly was that they had a disco on the campground which played super loud music until about 2 am. But hey I guess we‘re on holidays and shouldn‘t let that annoy us:)
    We fell asleep eventually despite the loud music:)
    Read more