Satellite
  • Day 1

    Adelaide to Qatar

    April 6, 2018 in Qatar ⋅ 🌬 29 °C

    Well, we survived the first plane trip relatively well. It was about 13 hours all up. We had an uneventful trip down to Adelaide and Grandpa and Grandma dropped us off at the airport after providing us with a light dinner. We saw a few other Christadelphians at the airport - Penns, Mees. Also had a quick chat to Auntie Ruth Gore who was there with Uncle Peter seeing off the Penns and a few others I didn’t know.

    Heidi was pretty good on the flight. She slept for about 7-8 hours. The others managed to score a spare row each after everyone had been seated so were able to lie down to sleep. I sat next to Heidi and kept an eye on her - she fell off the seat once. I had gone to the toilet and had to wait a while in line - on the way back was told by the hostess that people weren’t allowed to sleep on the floor - I said, who’s on the floor? “Your baby,” she said. Oops. She had rolled onto the floor. She looked quite comfortable but I had to put her back on the seat. I didn’t feel like a had a lot of sleep - I hate sleeping upright and being pregnant didn’t help. I swapped with Eli later on and managed to get a couple of hours.

    We didn’t spend long in Qatar before jumping on the next plane. We had just enough time to refresh ourselves and grab smoothie before finding the gate. Heidi has enjoyed going on a bus, train and plane as we were moved around the airport.
    Read more