Satellite
  • Day 7

    Grand Teton National Park: Day 2 (final

    July 23, 2021 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 21 °C

    First stop today was Jenny Lake. Queuing for the boat ride took a while but the ride was worth it. So glad for wearing our jackets and long pants since it was cold on the lake in the morning.

    A short easy hike later we arrived at Hidden Falls; a much longer and uphill climbing at the edge of cliff later, we arrived at Inspiration Point, a beautiful vista hilltop that overlooks Jenny Lake. Saw a very unhappy woman going downhill on this dangerous hike in her flip flops. She was so nervous her legs were shaking. Don’t recommend doing that!

    Jenny lake is gorgeous from any angle, but from the Inspiration Point under the morning sunshine, it was very tranquil. The boat on the water left a golden wake behind it, creating the only waves on the calm lake.

    The trail by the lake is 2.5 miles, I was surprised to see many young kids walking on it. There were 2 girls, who were about 5 years old, left impressions on me. One girl was walking with extreme confidence, calm and determined, eyes straight ahead. Her mother was trying to catch up to her, with a big smile on her face. Then there was another girl, walking with a frown on her face. Her mother said encouragingly:”you are such a good hiker!” The girl immediately screamed:” I AM NOT A GOOD HIKER!” Proceed with loud sobbing. The poor mother… she has a long road ahead of her!

    Almost at the end of our hike, I noticed a small trail led to a tiny rocky beach by the lake. We decided this was our final picnic spot. The gentle waves rippled on the rocks, the imposing mountains casted long reflections on the water surface, kayaks dotted on the lake. What a perfect spot for us to have … instant ramen noodles 😂. One kayaker who passed our spot said to her partner:” Hey, the noodles look good!” LOL!

    We then drove to the Jenny Lake Scenic Drive, and noticed the Full sign by the road for the picnic area, we patted ourselves on the back for making the right decision picking a much better place to eat.

    After a few more stops in the park, we drove back to Jackson Hole, therefore concluded our amazing trip to the National Parks.

    We had such a good time on this trip!!
    Read more