Satellite
  • Day 18

    Pacific Coast No-Way

    July 16, 2017 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 21 °C

    After over 10 hours driving, we arrived at our new Air BnB in Newport Beach. Needless to say I'm a little tired. However, the pad was well worth the drive. It's like a luxury hotel room with its own separate entrance, private bathroom and spitting distance from the beach! Well at least we think it is due to the sheer volume of the ocean. I'll confirm tomorrow.

    Anyway, I'm getting ahead of myself. Unfortunately a large stretch of the PCH is closed due to landslides earlier this year (see pic downloaded from google) and there is no detour. Sadly none of our research told us the 'no detour bit' so we travelled about 90 minutes south to Big Sur only to have to come all way the back up again and join the interstate. Oops. That being said, it was worth it as the section we did is easily one of the most famous and spectacular. It did however mean a lot more driving and interstate which I'm not particularly fond of! Kate was very good at supplying me with regular doses of haribo and oreos as well as doing an excellent job of navigating. She can be my wingman anytime.

    We stopped briefly at Pismo Beach but sadly due to time we didn't really stop anywhere else other than Big Sur but the main thing is we are here and have a full day of 'nothing' planned for tomorrow which I cannot wait for.
    Read more