Satellit
Vis på kort
  • Dag 13

    Kid Rock Big Ass Honky Tonk Bar

    2. februar 2023, Forenede Stater

    Nashville has completely changed in the last 5-6 years. I cannot even believe how much it has changed. It is like Las Vegas now. When I was there in 2018, I specifically remember that there was only one hole in a wall bar that didn't play country music. I didn't care for country music that much at the time, so I hung out there mostly. Today, it's almost hard to find country music. Literally, most of the bands are playing the typical bar tunes.

    Kid Rock's Bar is one of the largest and most popular on Broadway, and it was super crowded. The bands are good, up in your face for tips. Selling requested songs for $20 or even $100 for the big songs. Someone gave them money to play Taylor Swift, and the band leader's response was, "Will anyone give us money NOT to play Taylor?" And she upped the amount, play, not play, play not play, until someone gave them $700 to not pay Taylor Swift.

    Body surfing and dancing on the bar are still alive and well. The bartop I have to mention because it is absolutely gorgeous. It is a beautiful quartz like material that has oysters all over it.

    Other bars visiting tonight were Allen Jackson's and Second Fiddle. Stayed out until 1:30 am. It's very cold. Going down to 21 degress tonight.
    Læs mere