Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    Netherlands day 6,7,8

    April 10 in the Netherlands ⋅ ☀️ 13 °C

    Over the last couple of days we’ve had a bit of time to rest so not as busy as usual.

    On day 6 we spent pretty much the whole day getting from Alphen aan de rijn to Ermelo where Marga and Kaase live. We got in at about 1pm after taking a few trains in the morning. We then went for a bike ride around town and called it a day.

    Yesterday, we started the morning at De Haar Castle, the interiors were so beautiful. In the gardens they have a little deer farm where we got some pics of the deer 😛. Then Marga and Kaase drove us to Utrecht, were we found a restaurant serving steak, which was a nice change from bread and cheese. In the afternoon Millie and I stopped into the tattoo parlour were we got a little tattoo to commemorate our trip that was personalised for us. Then dinner was gnocchi along the canals. Utrecht so far has probably been our favourite city to visit in the Netherlands.

    Today was another slow day, slept in and then went to the coffee shop at the train station. Where they surprisingly made good coffee which is sometimes difficult to find. This afternoon was ‘family day’ where we met a few more of Oma’s siblings and got to talk with Greet and Henk again :)
    Read more