Satelital
Mostrar en el mapa
  • Día 10

    Heading Back Home

    7 de julio de 2023, Costa Rica ⋅ ☁️ 75 °F

    We got up early and headed back down the mountain to San Jose. As we descended, the sun come up over the over mountains and the clouds rolled over the tops. It was a gorgeous sight to behold. The valleys were deep and you could see small villages dotting the landscape.

    It took about 3-4 hours to get from Monteverde to San Jose, so we stopped at a soda along the way for breakfast. The temperature went from cool to humid in a couple hours, so stopping felt really good.

    Once we got to the airport, we quickly checked in and got through security. We had to wait about 2-3 hours as the incoming flight was behind. Once we got into the air, we settled in for a 4-hour flight. Coming into Charlotte, we had to divert at the last second and come around again. Apparently a couple planes ahead of us experienced a few problems. We got to see the airport firefighters race to the plane. Fortunately, everything was okay.

    After getting through security and getting our bags we easily made it back to our car and headed home. We arrived about 11:30 to a happy dog and an annoyed cat. All and in all, we travelled for about 17-18 hours today. I am exhausted!
    Leer más