Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    Goodbye Julia and Eve

    November 22, 2023 in England ⋅ ☁️ 8 °C

    It being our last day in New Mills, Julia wanted to take us on a walk 5 minutes away from where she lived.

    The hike was beautiful, right in the forest, between all the trees. Julia walked and talked, being our tour guide. We even walked past a famous factory, Swizzels. We did a lap and then ended up at a nice little cafe, where we had lunch. It took a little longer than expected to come, but it was still good. A little behind schedule, we hopped in the car and said goodbye to Eve. Going back to Julia's house, we packed everything in our suitcases as quickly as we could and said a final goodbye to Julia.

    Setting on the road for our 4 hour road trip, it started off smoothly. It was lovely with all the views of New Mills, before we hit the motorway. We stopped at a service for a toilet and food halfway and then were back on the road for the last stretch into London.

    Meeting Dad and Dan at a restaurant, that only let kids till 7, we walked around to find a different place to eat, which we did. We had Thai for dinner and then said farewell till Friday for the Deps and then we took the subway to our apartment.
    Read more