Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 31

    Beaugency to Orleans. 48 km.

    October 5, 2017 in France ⋅ ☁️ 16 °C

    Last day of Loire countryside biking...and it was very good 😊. Nice tracks along the river, lots of riding up on the dykes. Sunny but cool today, no wind. We're gonna miss all this 😮.

    Lovely, tranquil lunch spot tucked away behind playing fields. A wetlands park 🏞️ with swans , ducks (the ubiquitous mallard), and birdsong.

    We extended our riding time continuing on the south side of the river...a huge park with the path all along.

    Then we could delay no longer and headed into Orleans. A big big city (.5 m) in comparison to where we've been. Bit of a shock to the system.

    Our crummy hotel didn't help with the transition. Had to move rooms twice because of fourmis 🐜 ...not impressed 😬. Landed finally on the third floor (3 winding staircases up) goodbye to ants, hello to road noise. Only time the whole trip our digs weren't just fine, so a pretty good percentage. Ended up having a very good sleep 😴 so some redemption 🙃.

    A quick look around old Orleans on our way to dinner. Bad ass cathedral will need a look tomorrow. Can't miss Joan of Arc tributes.
    Read more