Satellite
  • Jour 2

    Arrived Mombasa, Kenya

    16 septembre 2018, Kenya ⋅ ⛅ 21 °C

    Weather was chilly with temperature at 14 degrees. By 6:30 am I was already on the Visa queue having filled the Visa application form and Entry card provided in the hall. Que for those applying for Visa was very very long and I finally had my visa pasted in my passport at 7:50 am.

    Got my lone bag from the conveyor belt and proceeded to the exit of the airport stopping to change $100 to KsH 9,800. Found a Safricom kiosk just outside the airport exit door and bought a sim with 2GB data for Ksh 1,000. After which I proceeded to the domestic terminal just across the road from the international terminal. Checked into the Kenya Airways Mombasa flight which departed at 9 am and arrived at Mombasa after a 1 hr flight.

    Hailed an Uber to Voyager Beach Resort. Scenery to the resort wasn’t spectacular. Arrived at the resort a few minutes before noon. Lovely Ship themed resort, was welcomed at the gate by a security man who blew a trumpet to announce my arrival. Paid for half board accommodation which covers breakfast and dinner but breakfast was already over when I arrived, so I ate lunch which was a buffet charged to my room.

    Took a walk round the hotel taking in the lovely sights and met two interesting ladies. Came back to the room to catch up with sleep and later had dinner
    En savoir plus