Satellite
  • Day 82

    Yarinacocha & Pucallpa, Peru

    January 8, 2017 in Peru ⋅ ⛅ 30 °C

    After some solid time in the mountains of Huaraz we hopped on a bus back to Lima and then a plane to Pucallpa....long travel day!
    We arrived to the thick, heavy, oxygen rich air of the Amazon basin. Immediately you could feel the energy of the Jungle.
    Our ride was waiting for us and we were happy to be headed to Sachamama Eco Lodge, our home for the next 6 days. The rain was coming down hard, torrential down pour. Just when we thought we were close the driver stopped the car on a muddy, dark section of road and we were greeted by 3 strangers who had a Moto taxi (3 wheeled motorcycles with a bench seat in the back). Our driver told us the car can't go any further and we need to take the taxi the rest of the way. Excited by the wild elements of the rain and the jungle we were game albeit a little timid because we had no clue where we were and the road was dissolving before our eyes. Just before we got out of the car one of the guys handed us ponchos. Grateful to have them we hopped out of the car and onto the Moto taxi. The drive in the taxi was a bit trecherouss as we almost got stuck twice but 20 bumpy, mud and rain filled minutes later we arrived at Sachamama.
    Read more