Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Welcome to the Holy Land

    April 13, 2023 in Israel ⋅ ⛅ 19 °C

    Dueteronomy 8:7 - 10 "For the Lord thy God bringeth thee into a agood bland, a land of brooks of water, of cfountains and depths that spring out of valleys and hills;  A land of wheat, and barley, and vines, and fig trees, and pomegranates; a land of aoil olive, and honey; A land wherein thou shalt eat bread without scarceness, thou shalt not lack any thing in it; a land whose stones are iron, and out of whose hills thou mayest dig abrass. When thou hast eaten and art full, then thou shalt bless the Lord thy God for the good land which he hath given thee."

    This was Emily's opening message to us as we traveled from the Tel Aviv airport to our first stop, the Israeli Museum in Jerusalem. It was raining quite hard so the guides decided to do an indoor activity instead of the planned outdoor one. It was amazing to think that the exhibitions on view were 6500 years old which is hard to fathom. At home, our province is barely 120 years old so we just don't have any kind of history compared to this area of the world. There was lots of pottery from different eras, jewelry, idols, ossuaries (coffins for bones only), the sarcophas of Herod, but the Dead Seal Scrolls was the highlight item. Another wonderful find was the two silver scrolls found in 1979 containing a text written in Paleo-Hebrew of the Priestly Blessing found in Numbers 6:24-26. The scrolls were dates to the late 7th or early 6th century BC and is the oldest surviving text currently known from the Hebrew Bible.

    We ended the evening with David and Emily welcoming us again and inspiring us to come and see and experience on this trip. Poor out our hearts to Him and invite Him in as it is His presence that will make this trip memorable.
    Read more