Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    Safari in Queen Elizabeth National Park!

    February 15, 2023 in Uganda

    We woke up at 5am to have breakfast and all pile in the Safari jeep! We made our way to the entrance gate where we met our guide Harriet! We had just begun the scenic drive when Harriet got the call that lions were spotted and we raced over! Right off the road were 2 male lions (brothers), the first males we saw the whole trip! We continued down the road and encountered majestic elephants right next to our car! There were even 2 babies, we were in heaven! Along the drive we also saw Buffalo, Bush Buck, Kob, Water Buck, Hippos, Baboons, and Vervet Monkeys. We came to the end of our safari and right as we tried to exit the park, the guard started frantically waving his hands and saying “Go! Go! Go! Leopard!”. We all sat down, braced ourselves and quickly made our way to where we could see the group of Jeep’s gathered along the path. There he was- our first leopard of Queen Elizabeth and the first that close of the trip! It was breathtaking in its beauty, the spots just look unreal. He was strolling through the tall grass and the highlight was seeing him flick his long tail! He was way bigger than we all had imagined. The highlight of the day was no doubt the excitement of the children and seeing it through their eyes :) We loved all standing up and utilizing the pop top and when parked, the boys loved even climbing on top of the jeep!

    We said goodbye to Harriet and made our way back to the lodge for lunch and a quick rest before the next adventure!

    P.S. All the best animal photos were taken on my real camera so once I get home and sort through them I will upload them!
    Read more