Satellite
  • Day 7

    London Day 4

    August 23, 2017 in England ⋅ 🌙 15 °C

    This is our last day in London and I realised last night we hadn't seen Buckingham palace. So the plan is to head in early before normal tourists get out of bed, but we're are a bit over the crowds so giving the changing of the guards a miss. It is a massive place, was all I could do to get it all in the camera lense. Wonder what the queen thinks every morning when she looks out the window at all the tourist down here. Anyway she's in Scotland at the moment and no doubt is coping with a different set of tourists. So while the queen is away you can tour a couple of rooms of the palace. I thought that might have been fun until I saw the line for it. There is a queue for everything here and as you probably all know I'm not the best at waiting in line, so we gave that a miss too.

    Headed over to have another look at Westminster Abbey and the Silent Big Ben. He looks the same except for a bit more scaffolding holding him up! We hadn't been for a ride in a London Black cab yet, so we jumped in one to take us up to Borough Markets. Graham loves to talk to taxi drivers but this one wasn't having any of it. Didn't even bother to answer after he knew where we were going! Except of course when he wanted some money!

    Borough Market OMG what a lot of lovely food they have at that market! Lots of taste testing going on. A friend of mine told me once when her daughter lived in London with a friend anytime they were strapped for cash they would come to Borough Market for a free feed! So we did a Dani and had a bit of everything until we got to a whole pig complete with cracking and that was it, I had to have a plate of that!

    This pace is London is taking its toll and we had to come back for a rest before venturing out tonight to see The Girl from the North Country! We had a bit of time so we braved the line for The London Eye! You do get some great views but it's all a bit sterile!

    We walked up to Waterloo looking for somewhere to eat before the show, tried two pubs both packed and couldn't find us a table. We were just walking past this little chinese place and a man in the doorway told us it was the most popular chinese for miles. It was packed inside, but someone was just leaving so we got s table pretty quickly. Tiny little restaurant and bloody hell so noisy but the food was great. Never know what you might happen upon!

    It's been great to see all the sights of London and we've enjoyed it all, but we won't be sorry to hopefully leave the crowds behind for a while!
    Read more