Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    London Day 3

    August 22, 2017 in England ⋅ ⛅ 20 °C

    So today we were going to make sure we didn't miss the Natural History Museum so we were off early and were there about 9. Not another soul in sight. Graham went off to get some coffee and cake and I stayed to guard first place in the queue. Plenty of friends came to join me soon enough and we had a lovely chat to an English couple who were there with their granddaughter. She was about 4 and had been to the museum heaps of time. Their daughter had told them they had to get to the Whales and the Dinosaurs first. So as soon as the door opened The little one was off and even though grandma and grandpa Werner too sure she knew where she was going, she got us to the whale in record time!

    Wow what an amazing place, the displays are pretty spectacular, but the building itself is absolutely stunning and was really the highlight for us! After a couple of hours we were museumed out and the crowds were getting thicker so we headed off to Leicester Square to get some show tickets. There are so many shows on in London, how on earth do they all manage to sell all the tickets? Anyway we found some pretty reasonable ones for the Book of Morman.

    Went for a walk around to Trafalgar Square and then Piccadilly circus! Lots of street performers, some pretty clever ones! Plenty of crowds too by this time. Time to go rest up for the show!

    Book of Norman was hilarious, we loved it! The Prince of Wales theatre was quite a bit smaller than I expected but we had good seats and a great view of the stage. Plus they sell you everything from wine to ice creams at interval and let you take them back in.

    All the theatres in the West End must finish at the same time so it was a bit of a battle to get back home on the tube but we made it!
    Read more