Satellite
  • Day 29

    Cliffs of Moher

    September 14, 2017 in Ireland ⋅ ⛅ 13 °C

    Coming up to the Cliffs of Moher. We take the ferry across the River Shannon into County Clare. Takes a big chunk out of the driving and it's an interesting addition. They have it down pat on that ferry, no mucking around. The trip only takes about twenty minutes and the cars and buses are on and off in no time.

    Lovely scenic drive up to The Cliffs. We have a gorgeous day for it, blue sky, not too much wind and sunshine. They are just as huge and majestic looking as I imagined. Lots of people there, but it's a big place so doesn't matter really.

    Had lunch in little Doolin about 10 klms away. We had a chat to a couple of young girls on a bus tour. Sounded like it was a lot of driving and not much stopping. Drove down through The Burren after lunch, totally different landscape, much barer, big rocky wind swift mountains.

    We were heading to Galway tonight but when we came through Kinvare it was starting to rain so we stopped her for the night. I wanted to try an Irish coffee, haven't had one yet and I'd seen a sign for them just down the road so off we went to get one. It's pretty good, and while we were drinking it three guys at the next table had their instruments out and entertained us for a couple of hours!
    Read more