Satellite
  • Day 33

    Galway City!

    September 18, 2017 in Ireland ⋅ ⛅ 12 °C

    I've fallen off the blog wagon, need to catch up on four days. Too much Guinness and not enough time!
    We didn't get far from Kinvara, only to Galway which is about 25 klms I think. Ireland cities seem much easier to drive into than English ones. We found a parking garage close to the city center, and had a look around the old part of town. Some interesting little spots. Buy the time we'd done some sight seeing and had lunch we decided to stay the night. Should be some good music around hopefully! Hotel cost us three times as much as we'd paid anywhere else so there had better be.

    What a fun evening we had. First pub we stopped in had a huge session and we stayed to watch them for an hour or so, then went across the road to another one. It was packed and these five ladies in the front row befriended us, told us who all the people were singing or playing. We had a great time with them and one huge guy there singing had apparently won all these talent quest in Ireland, he should could belt them out.
    Then a lovely older man who was one of the girls favourites sang a song and recited a poem he'd just written. Ha ha about Galway winning the Hurling comp for the first time in God know how long. It was really good.

    Unfortunately we had to leave them to get some food, which they thought was ridiculous! One of them told me " when you're at the pub, If you haven't eaten by 8 you're not eating till tomorrow" they did send us off to get the best fish and chips in Galway.
    Read more