Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 18

    On to Athens

    May 8 in France ⋅ ⛅ 15 °C

    We are packed up and on our way back to Orly Airport early this morning. We need to return the rental car and we went to beat some of the traffic. Taking the freeway to make it as quick as possible.
    An hour and a half later and 12 euro for the toll and we turned off for the airport.
    Even Google was confused trying to find the rental car drop off, but eventually we got there.

    Graham had to get his grumpy pants on to make sure we got the money back for the tires. They weren’t too happy about it to start with but eventually someone higher up came out and got it sorted for us.
    So now we have the whole day to fill in at the airport hotel. Teeny tiny little room even by Europe standards
    .
    We walked over to the airport and figured out where we have to go tomorrow, got all our luggage repacked, had a nap, went for dinner and drinks at the hotel next door. It looks way more classy than ours well at least the foyer does.

    Now we’re finally on the flight to Athens. Goodness what a shamozzle getting on. It’s packed and everyone had two or three pieces of hand luggage. It was every man or woman for themselves trying to get it all stowed. I was glad ours was checked on.

    We just flew over the French Alps. They went on as far as you could see.
    Read more