Satellite
  • Day 24

    Day 24 - Cap D'Agde to Nimes, 62 miles

    May 9, 2016 in France ⋅ ⛅ 16 °C

    Wet Wet Wet take 2!!!

    With the weather exactly the same as yesterday it was another head down and ride day. Slightly more to see today with a great ride along the beach to Sete inbetween the dunes on a custom made bike path. On a good day it would be beautiful and imagine the beach packed. Today I passed one mad old guy out for a run and had a stray dog follow me for about a mile. Also spotted a village for maybe my next holiday and had a couple of miles along a very dodgy river path after a slight map error. Still all very enjoyable and it definitely beat a Monday morning in the office!

    After Sete it was a case of skirting round Montpellier (on a good day I would have probably spent a couple of hours there) and onto the ancient Roman town of Nimes with its double tiered amphitheatre dating to around 70 A.D. and numerous other Roman monuments.

    Arriving in the worst of the weather they will have to wait for tomorrow where after a good few miles over the last few days I will be giving myself a day out of the saddle and some rest before I start making my way to Avignon and then tackling the famous Mont Ventoux!
    Read more