Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    From the bottom to the top

    September 9, 2023 in Norway ⋅ ⛅ 14 °C

    This morning we said goodbye to Flåm and our friend Shadow the pig.

    The morning started off with a mini hike around the area and by us visiting a very riveting train museum, which outlined the history of the railroad.

    We then boarded an electric cruise boat for a 2 hour tour through the Nærøyfjorden Fjord that links Flåm and Gudvangen. This cruise was absolutely stunning, we both can still not comprehend the scale and beauty of this country.

    We then had 3 hours to kill before our bus to Voss, we wandered around the town, partook in a tasty lunch and aimlessly walked around multiple souvenir shops even if we had no room to buy anything.

    The bus ride to Voss was also very scenic, which made the hour trip pass by quite quickly. Once we arrived at our destination we checked into our first 6 bunk shared hostel room - which has been an experience...

    We then took an electric gondola 818 meters up onto a mountain and explored what felt like a completely different country in itself.

    Dinner was a supermarket salad and a shared roll, let's see how we sleep tonight..

    Goodnight, hope the bed buds don't bite..

    Step count:
    Phill: 18.6k
    Bec: 18.4k
    Read more