Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    More then we Bergened for

    September 11, 2023 in Norway ⋅ 🌧 14 °C

    Today started with a sleep in, both of us getting out of bed at 8am 😮 we wrangled ourselves over to Godt brød (good bread) a cafe franchise we'd been seeing for the past week and enjoyed some fresh pastries and coffee before we set off on a site seeing adventure.

    First stop was Berganhus fortress, which is when the rain began. We had a fun time frolicking the cobblestone paths and exploring these buildings from the 1700s while it was slightly spitting before we moved to the Bryggen Hanseatic wharf, which has more buildings from the 1700s that looked like a colourful Diagon alley.

    Then came lunch, we ventured into the fish market so Phill could finally enjoy his Bergen soup - a creamy fish soup, plus a side of fish cakes. Considering this is a coastal town this soup cost us a house down payment, but was indeed creamy and delicious.

    We continued to explore and stopped in at a shopping center - here we made the executive decision to buy a brolly. Let me tell you, this was the best decision to date.

    We continued frolicking all over the town when it started to bucket down with rain, we didn't let this stop us though - we pushed through the squelching of our shoes and saw the sites we wanted.

    As soon as we arrived back at our dry and warm hostel we threw our clothes in the dryer. While that was drying we ran to the closet co-op and bought snacks for our 7 hour train ride tomorrow.

    The laundry was then done so we ventured into the kitchen to cook up our pasta. The kitchen was full so Phill stayed there to cook and made friends with a Belgium man who gave Phill a bowl of his curry.

    We sat down to eat with our new friend and got talking to another lady who was from the Netherlands. The main topic was national foods. According to the internet Australia's national foods are Pav (sorry Michelle), avacado toast and meat pies.

    After the very important discussions concluded we faced the rain again in search for a cocktail and an ice cream before getting back to hairdryer our shoes in hopes they dry before tomorrow.

    Seeya back in Oslo,

    Step count
    Both: 25k
    Read more