Satellite
  • Day 5

    A Hiking Day

    May 2, 2019 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 23 °C

    Today was planned as a hiking day. We needed to stay off the beach and wanted to see Diamond Head as well as the jungle like mountains north of town. So, we started by driving to the parking area at the start of the trail up Diamond Head. It was busy but we only had to wait about 10 minutes to get a parking spot. The weather was not too hot and there was a breeze to help cool us off as we hiked up the trail. It took us only about 1/2 hr to reach the top. Beautiful view of the area from the lookout!

    From Diamond Head we drove a short distance to the Manoa Falls trailhead. It was raining lightly, but very warm when we started on the trail. Instantly, we were in the thick of the tropical rainforest with incredibly large trees all around us. It definitely felt like Jurassic Park, which was filmed not too far away on the island. It was an easy hike with just a few, short steeper sections, and it took us only about 1/2 hr to reach our destination. A 40-50 m. high waterfall. We took a few pictures and headed back to the car.

    After a short break at the condo we drove to a nearby ROSS Dress for Less store and picked up on some bargains. Then we shopped for groceries at a local supermarket before going home to make dinner.
    Read more