Satellite
  • Day 17

    Mostar in Bosnia and Herzegovina

    May 28, 2019 in Bosnia and Herzegovina ⋅ 🌧 18 °C

    I had some Croatian currency left as I went through border control so I used most of it to pay for the insurance I had to buy as this country is not included in your green card list. I paid the balance with a 20 euro note but that was too much so he gave me some Croatian currency back. I rode to a cafe near the border and bought a coffee and gave her all my Croatian currency and asked for the change in B&H currency, she obliged giving an excellent exchange rate. The currency here is called the convertible mark. There are about two of them to an English pound. Petrol is cheap at about £1.10 per litre.
    I've booked into this hostel for two nights and it might yet become three as the weather is not due to break until Friday. I was lucky again to ride all the way here with no rain and have time to go for a walk before it started raining. Right now it is lashing down. The bike is in a good place covered up and I'm in a nice warm private room which is just a five minute walk from the famous Mostar bridge.
    The man and wife who own the hostel invited me to dine with them this evening she said everything is home made and traditional. It was really nice. Their other guest was a local who now shares his time between here and Melbourne Australia where he has a business making leather fashion bags.
    Read more