Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    Beachday & resting

    October 1, 2021 in France ⋅ ⛅ 21 °C

    It seems like a shift of plans is highly likely now.
    We saw so many things that took us down south that we plan on going down to Barcelona not one, but two or even three nights.
    Today, after some laundry and cleaning, we went to the beach here for probably the last time.
    While having it to yourself does have it's benefits, it does leave an alienating feeling.
    The emptiness feels almost unwelcoming.
    The water is still nice and warm though.
    But all in all, we found ourselves here at the end of a season that just waits to be finished.
    Highlight of today:
    Dinner in the beautiful city of Narbonne.
    We we're walking around the canal to find a place and ended up in a small street.
    We found a restaurant which also was a butchery.
    They had one thing on the menu: steak.
    Wine was 1€ per centimeter, fries were handcut potatoes, dessert was a choice of cheesecake, creme brulee, mousse or rum cake.
    It was delicious.
    Just that one group of 20 people standing next our table for a cigarette was.. interesting.
    But all in all an experience worth of a turn.
    And: for the first time this summer, I am experiencing a slight sunburn. Tssss.
    Read more