Satellite
  • Day 10

    Hiline and our last day!

    March 30, 2018 in the United States ⋅ ☁️ 10 °C

    This morning Craig, Nick, Louise and Tony went downtown to the Stock Exchange. Aldo had organized a tour for them with Chris Coronetti, which they all enjoyed. Josy and I had intentions to get the Big Bus down to the area where we could do the Graffiti walk. Many crowds and in particular traffic jams prevented that once again. No kidding doing the Big Bus sucked so much!! I asked the driver to let us off anywhere when they kept trying to avoid the traffic jams. We got off at Union Square and had a Starbucks to calm the storm. We consequently decided to walk and do the Hiline – starting at the Chelsea Markets. That was huge fun – very trendy, nice food and then we popped up to the Hiline and walked quite a bit of it for about an hour. The ex-train line has been made into a walk above Manhattan – some art along the way. The weather had improved and we really enjoyed it. We eventually got off and tried to walk towards Macey’s getting a little lost (again) along the way. Macey’s was fun. We had lunch there – chicken sandwich but there was more to choose from. I purchased two long sleeved tops and a black tee-shirt with glitzy stars on it. Happy girl. Walked home and rested a little in the hotel room. Need to pack and Aldo is coming in to see us.
    As it turned out we met him at an amazing restaurant called Canaletto – apparently named after a Venetian poet – maybe!! It was the best meal we have had so far on the trip. My marinara spaghetti was delicious. Craig loved his buratta & white anchovies on sweet peppers and veal shank gnocchi. Zabaglione & berries were scrumptious too. Great night – last time we will see Aldo for a while. Amazing last day and tomorrow we move on to New Jersey with the Goldbergs. We have enjoyed staying at the Cambria suites location wise, but it has been noisy with all the building happening nearby.
    Read more