Satellite
  • Day 262

    Mendoza

    January 11, 2019 in Argentina ⋅ ☀️ 22 °C

    Two weeks later, and I’m leaving Mendoza! I need to detox I think. Lots of amazing red wine, steak and generally not doing too much...apart from eating, and there was a fair amount of walking too...and some swimming.
    I arrived thinking Mendoza would be a good place to hang out while my debit cards made their way from England. I was kinda right, but it took a lot long than expected!
    In a town famous for its wines, there’s a lot of wine to be drunk, and that’s what it does to you! The amazing thing about wines from northern Argentina is that they don’t have sulphides, so you don’t get any bad red wine hangover, so drink as much as you like and it doesn’t hurt! Well, your wallet and liver maybe.
    Anyway, so in my time here, I did a wine tour on a bike, which could have been more dangerous if we hadn’t found a stray puppy on the road. I did get the info on how to do the poncey tasting things, so now I can act like i know what I’m doing! I also went to a vineyard, small production, and had a banging lunch of fillet minion (yep that yellow cartoon thing) and had a proper tour of a boutique wine makers. Even met the owner and shook his hand!
    After three hostels, I finally found one which was sociable, which was great, but I ended up being a city guide to everyone as o knew the place, not a bad thing ☺️
    I did see the funniest bing of my trip here too. A plaza dog, basically steet dogs, with one eye, scoop up a pigeon and parade around our tour with it in his mouth. So funny. It was still alive until I told him to go away and eat it, which he did! Pest control! There were no pigeons inside the plaza!!
    I finally got my cards buffered off across the boarder to Santiago!
    Read more