Satellite
  • Day 17

    Delayed in YYZ

    August 13, 2019 in Canada ⋅ ⛅ 25 °C

    The flight departed from Munich en route to Toronto. Both of us were blogging and it wasn't long before my eyelids were heavy and I slept a bit. Woke up just before drink service. Brooke was in and out of a very unrestful sleep nearly the whole flight apart from waking up to eat and watching an episode and a half of her TV show. I watched two movies (Justice League and The Dark Tower) and had a couple of naps here and there. Found the flight very unrestful and squished. And something totally unheard of, I actually didn't play a single video game the whole flight.

    One side note - while we were waiting at the gate in Munich, they announced that they were offering business class seats for 450 euros each. Our friends Stephanie and Tom immediately took them up on that, largely because they are travelling with their 1 year old. Guess we're not quite at that point in our lives yet.

    When we landed in Toronto, we found a service desk and successfully acquired our boarding passes for the next flight. The unfortunate part was that we are delayed an hour an a half and will get in at midnight. Luckily I remembered that Dad gave us two Air Canada lounge passes at the start of our trip. We were quite excited to use them. Thanks Dad!

    Almost home, it will be great to sleep in our own bed. And neither of us have to work tomorrow.

    Tyler
    Read more