Satellite
  • Day 48

    In Muxia--no more walking!

    July 3, 2017 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 14 °C

    Today was a very short 23 km day, but since the people next to me were up at 5:30, I got up soon after. Made a cup of coffee with my beloved electric coil and set out. Soon after, the sun rose and I decided to take a bunch of "shadow selfies." I'll post the award winners here.

    The walk was really quite pleasant, and I found myself wishing it wasn't my last day. I was feeling good so I skipped the first two cafes. But then there was nothing.... finally after about 19 km, I found a machine that dispensed ice cold drinks for a mere 1.50€. It was right outside a beautiful 11C church, so you know I was in hog heaven.

    The walk from the headlands down into Muxia is very nice. Heavily forested with occasional peeks over the ocean. I found my albergue, found another friend I knew from online camino stuff. In a few hours we will walk out to the rocky coast, but first a little down time.

    So my walking is done, I'm just another number in the camino stastics. The number who have arrived in Santiago this year has already topped 100,000 if you can believe that--and high season hasn't even arrived !!!
    Read more