Satellite
  • Day 7

    New Year's Eve day in Vienna

    December 31, 2019 in Austria ⋅ ☀️ 7 °C

    What a beautiful city; chaotic, crazy, colorful and very cool! Sun was warming a little but we still bundled up against the breeze and single digit temperatures (celcius). Guided coach and walking tour, free time at the last of their Christmas Markets for the year and a cup of warm cider with a little something, something in it! Back to the ship to rest a bit (and eat) then off again. The afternoon was free to explore and see 1,000s of people. Ama offered shuttle service to and from city center all afternoon and evening. Made it back to St Stephen Cathedral, prayed for the blessings of the past year, prayed for those who have come into our lives and those who have left us.
    Continued to maneuver around the center but this is where Vienna was setting up for their midnight celebration. Back on board we grabbed a cocktail to go and headed for the pool...not as warm as the other day, but relaxed the muscles a bit. Enjoyed a traditional Austrian dinner of Schnitzel and Strudel!
    Closing in on midnight we went back to the lounge for music and dancing, but the best was the fireworks. Not just from one area, but all around us. Amazing!!
    So hears to 2020! May it be filled with love, laughter, peace, joy and adventures to enrich your life and fill you soul.
    Read more