Satellite
  • Day 8

    Happy to be home.

    August 22, 2020 in the United States ⋅ 🌙 21 °C

    Rapid City, Chicago, Greensboro, King! Great to get away, wonderful to be home. My heart is full of memories and I am blessed to have shared this journey with my little sister, Peggy.
    The flights were thankfully uneventful; all masks on and not full flights. Gate change in Chicago was in at G3, out at G1A (both commuter flights). We had our sandwiches, gouda cheese and celery to snack on with cran-apple juice; which Peggy bought in the airport. They now make a pre boarding announcement that there will be no beverage service at this time so feel free to purchase something in the airport and bring it on board. Wonder if the gate agents are getting a cut from the restuarants??!!
    Only 2 minor issues: Peggy stayed to collect the bags and I went to bring my car to baggage claim. Almost couldn't find it, I was on the wrong deck. But I get in, starts right up then I see the warning light - low tire pressure and the number 1. Back left tire FLAT. Moved the car up a bit to load the luggage and noticed a nail, must have been there and the week we were gone the air slowly leaked out. Luckily their is a garage attendant who brought his work truck around and filled the tire. Cautiously, I drive home... pressure is good, but Monday morning it's going to the shop.
    All luggage in the house, unpacked most everything, we did bring back some glass bottles of tasty spirits. None of those we broken, the French Press coffee pot was shattered. It served us well.
    Long story short, great vacation, learned a lot, tons of pictures and we both are healthy!

    The End.... until next time...
    Read more