Satellite
  • Day 169

    Olimpos

    November 14, 2020 in Turkey ⋅ ☀️ 21 °C

    Another day in Turkey = more things to discover! After a short, but extremely scenic ride with a steep climb and a fun downhill on a dirtroad, we arrived in Çiralı. It's another beautiful turquoise bay in this area of Turkey, surrounded by steep, green mountains. We first had breakfast at the beach before looking for a campground. Again, most of the tourist places are already closed, but we were lucky enough to find a nice place for our tent in between some orange trees.
    Afterwards, we went out exploring and checked out the beach side of the ancient site of Olimpos. The scenery is quite impressive as the ruins are located next to a river coming out of a canyon and basically right at the beach.
    Then we went for a swim, had a quick lunch and went to the next highlight of this bay: the Chimaera Fire Mountain. It's a natural phenomenon where flames come out of cracks in the rock caused by the combustion of gas. This is definitely something we had never seen before!
    Finally, we did some yoga at the beach and went for a swim again. Once the sun hid behind the mountains, it got really cold, so we had to put on a warm jacket.
    Read more