Satellite
  • Day 110

    Day 110: Doing Nothing

    October 3, 2016 in Malaysia ⋅ ⛅ 30 °C

    Today was a designated rest day that we'd built into the schedule, as I knew from previous experience that attending a Grand Prix was surprisingly tiring. So we opted to have a full day of doing nothing.

    And that's what we did! I played some games, caught up on some internet stuff, and generally relaxed. Shandos did much the same, but did venture out for a spot of shopping later in the day. Had lunch at the same place as on Friday, but the food wasn't quite as good as the previous visit.

    Did some Skyping in the late arvo, particularly hoping to catch Shandos's parents before they left on holidays for Port Douglas (and Schnitzel before his holiday at the kennels), but they were packing and didn't hear the call. I'd also come down with a cold which was annoying - first one I'd had since arriving in Indonesia several months earlier.

    For dinner we went to a bustling Indian restaurant in nearby Little India, though the food was a bit average. We also mis-calculated our remaining ringgit and didn't have enough to pay - short by about a dollar! I got up to find an ATM, but the waiter (who spoke very little English) pushed me back into the chair and I was a little worried about what was going to happen next. But he counted the money we did have, re-wrote the receipt so that it magically added up to what we had, gave us a smile and left! Nice man, and we were very grateful.

    Early to bed tonight as we've got an early start and a long day of travelling ahead.
    Read more