Satellite
  • Day 32

    The Co-Working Space

    July 30, 2019 in Indonesia ⋅ ⛅ 31 °C

    With nothing planned for the day except work, we woke up to find that the hotel's wifi still hadn't been fixed. Well, it sort of had, in the sense that the front desk access point worked, but we couldn't see that from our room. All of the ones within range had no internet connection, so our plans for the day looked dashed.

    Shandos googled for co-working spaces and it turned out there was one on the main road about 10 minutes walk away, so we packed up and headed over.

    It turned out to be brand new, literally within the first week of opening, and located on the 21st floor of an office building. We had a look around, chatted to the staff a bit and they said we were welcome to stay the day for free. Nice!

    The internet connection was good, they had free water/instant coffee, the bathrooms were clean and all the furnishings were brand new and modern industrial design, so we were very comfortable. The usual price was 75000 rupiah for the day, or about $7.50 per person, which we honestly would've been glad to pay.

    We both spent the day catching up on various things, mainly because we've been basically without much internet for close on three weeks. We haven't had SIM cards since Vietnam, and hotel wifi has been patchy at best (and we haven't had time at worst). I started on my mammoth backlog of videos, Shandos did some blogging work and made some inroads into our China itinerary which will have to come together fairly quickly.

    Cheap lunch from the bakery a couple of blocks away, then eventually it was 6pm and time to leave. We headed straight for the ramen place again - it's a little expensive by Indonesian standards, we paid about $15 for two good quality Japanese meals and iced tea with free refills, but still within budget. Back to the dingy hotel for our last night!
    Read more