Satelit
Tunjukkan pada peta
  • Hari 6

    Ixil Trip (6): Back through Chajul

    28 Februari 2022, Guatemala ⋅ ☁️ 16 °C

    Today we had no compromises in the agenda. So, after breakfast we drive back to Acul.

    On our way, we stopped at the town of Chajul to see if Ana Méndez was at home. Ana started her training as a professional nurse a couple of years ago. Unfortunately, the pandemic and the move into virtual classes made it very hard for her to continue her studies. With a very unstable and limited internet connection, it became almost impossible to follow the courses. Her screen would be frozen and the slides didn't load. Not to mention the limited possibility to ask questions and get help. Under such circumstances, it'd completely hard for anyone to keep up.

    Hopefully, Ana will be able to restart her training soon. And if she does, APEI will continue supporting her with a scholarship. One of the sponsors of Ana's scholarship, who lives in Germany, asked me to connect them via video call during our visit. This was a very special opportunity for them to meet beyond emails.

    In the afternoon we take time to go for a walk around Acul and Xexuxcab. This gives us the chance to take a breath from the intense days we had before, reflect and chat about the future.

    ***Note: The opinions expressed in this blog are based on my personal experience during this trip and are only mine. They do not represent the opinion of Asociación Amigos Para las Escuelas Ixiles (APEI) or that of any of my fellow travelers.
    Baca lagi