Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 14

    Not an ordinary day in Athens

    June 14, 2022 in Greece ⋅ ⛅ 29 °C

    After the intense sightseeing, we decided to take it easy. Still, we had a few items on our list: the national gardens (including the playground) and to see some of the remaining temples to use our combined ticket. However, the heat got us and it was very difficult to make kids walk, even if the ‘carrot’ was the playground. So we were stopping to rest under shade every 20-30 meters.
    Once we finally reached the playground, Neringa realised that she was no longer having her phone with her. So suddenly instead of enjoying the playground we started looking for the phone in the park. Neringa could remember placing it on one of the benches of the park but when David ran back to check, it was no longer there. Then Neringa and Elijas took their turn to look for it, in case it fell from the pocket… we looked until the scream of David on the other side of the park. We managed to find each other to learn that someone responded the call and is waiting hand over the phone. Happy end!
    We then ate at an Indian restaurant ‘Indian Havel li’ to conclude that our local resto in Østerbro offers much better food. But it came in handy as Alisa fell asleep and could rest in an air conditioned space while we were eating.
    Following the lunch we have reconsidered o it plan and reduced it to finding an ice cream place, which would offer fresh ice cream without traces of nuts. After some persistent search we found a ‘Chillbox’ frozen yoghurt place which offered soft-ice-like yoghurt without any traces of nuts. Supposedly. After enjoying the portion Elijas started scratching his ears and head and soon after Neringa discovered that he was having an allergic reaction. Luckily, we managed to get some medicine from a nearby pharmacy which stopped inflation of his eye and eventually calmed the itchiness which had spread all over the body. Neringa carried Elijas home as he had no forces to walk and then followed a series of calls to family, friend doctors, another pharmacy visit as Elijas had some cough attacks and really scared his parents. Luckily, the medication worked and we did not need to use the needle … All good what ends well!
    Read more