Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 82

    San Jose to Puerto Viejo

    July 18, 2023 in Costa Rica ⋅ ☁️ 26 °C

    Up early and breakfast in the hotel, bread 🥖 and eggs 🥚 again. As we left breakfast we saw our shuttle waiting for us in the street, 40 minutes early!

    We quickly brushed our teeth and packed the last few things and made our way to the Interbus shuttle. Alex, the first driver was friendly and helped put our bags on board. We then went to another hotel and picked up a family making the same journey on the shuttle.

    We drove across country for about 2 hours and met up with the shuttle coming the other way. Our bags etc were transferred over to the next shuttle and we then had a 3.5 hour trip to Puerto Viejo. This shuttle filled up so it was a bit more uncomfortable but we were dropped off at our hotel around 1.30pm.

    We checked in to a good room at the Sea Tower hotel and after a quick rest to clear my migraine we went for lunch. We had some traditional Caribbean rice and beans at Lidia’s restaurant next to the hotel. We then walked around the town looking at the beach and shops.

    Eventually we made our way to a supermarket and bought some dinner supplies before heading back to our room and relaxing for the evening.
    Read more