Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 153

    ATVs!!

    January 28, 2019 in Cambodia ⋅ ☀️ 28 °C

    On our first day in Cambodia, after lunch, our guide, Smey, took us to an ATV garage. We had no idea what to expect, because we weren’t sure how it would work out. Once we got there, we met our ATV guides for the day. They told us that we would each get our own ATV, except Dale was too young, so she would ride with Dad, and that Malcolm would ride a mini one. Then we all had to do a driving test through traffic, (around the block) with a guide on the back. We all passed the test, so we could finally start ATVing for real! The two guides rode on motorcycles, one at the front, one at the back, and we were on our way. They took us on the city roads for a few minutes, until we got to red dirt roads. Most of the drive was on the dirt roads, through the country side. We had several stops along the way. One was at a monistary (same thing as a temple, I think 🤔), another stop at a small hidden away temple, and our last stop was a rice paddie field, with lots of buffalos and cows. We started our ride back at the garage around 2:00 pm, and got to the rice paddies around 6:00 pm, just in time for the sunset! The funniest part of the day was when Malcolm drove his ATV into a bush twice, and one time, he even somehow, toppled over, so he was on the ground, and the ATV was on it’s side!
    - Chloë
    🇰🇭🏎🐃🐄🌞
    Read more