Satellite
  • Day 45

    Eglinton Valley and Mirror Lakes

    January 14, 2020 in New Zealand ⋅ ⛅ 21 °C

    The first two pictures are from the Eglinton Valley and the last pictures from the Mirror Lakes. They should be best to see in the morning because the light is perfect then I heard. So I will Stopp here again, maybe tomorrow morning or on Thursday.

    From here it was only two kilometers to my campground for the next 2 nights, Knobs Flat!

    A nice little place with a lot of birds around.

    I was pretty tired when I came here, so I went for a shower first. Had to wait a while, here are only two showers for all campers so there where already a few people waiting. We used the time to talk about what we did the day and complain about the Sandflys that are pretty nasty here.
    Horrible creatures! 🤬

    After a nice shower, I was just cooking some pasta fast and talked with some of the other campers.
    It’s many people from the UK here tonight.
    So we had a nice chat and after that, I went straight to bed.

    That was the time when I heard some Keas flying around the campground, but I was too tired to get up and try to see them. That I will do tomorrow!
    Read more