Satellite
  • Day 121

    Hondarrabia still

    August 14, 2017 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 23 °C

    So we managed to get a good nights sleep and felt much more alert today, forecast is good for the next week nice and settled so we will be heading on soon. Yesterday evening we watched a rowing regatta, looked like there were 13rowers and a cox, the course was out and back twice John thinks total of 4km. They were single sweep oars and fixed seat so lots of leaning back drawing the handle across their body. Very impressive. The local team were in green and although they were last in their heat the support from the crowd was great with lots of people wearing green clothes or neckerchiefs. The other things we are pleased about is that the sea is back to being a lovely green/blue colour not a churnedup yucky beige.
    Today was very very hot 39c in shade, we faffed around this morning trying to make some plan for the next part of our adventure and did some baking, pannacotta, apple tart and chocolate muffins, before collapsing and dozing.
    We met the owners of Ocho a Jersey registered motor cruiser again, we had first seen them in L'Aberach then again Roscoff and then just the boat at La Rochelle, apparently he had had to return for work but they are also heading towards the Mediterranean so might see them again. Late afternoon around 4 we re-provisioned I have decided we need to buy a shopping basket on wheels (think old lady shopping bag) coz the bag was heavy to carry but it was way to hot to use a rucksack, John also had a bag to carry just in case you thought I was only one working hard and getting warm.
    We now also know that the temperature peaks at about 4 so will be going out earlier in future.
    Read more