Satellite
  • Day 23

    Silence, song and change!

    August 6, 2015 in Japan ⋅ 🌙 28 °C

    We woke up late this morning as we had a free morning. Some spent it swapping badges, others spent it resting but we all came together for one point. Today was a very important day as it's the 70th anniversary of the atomic bomb being dropped on Hiroshima and the small town we are living in had a silence to remember. You could've heard a pin drop.

    After that we all departed to the dome to partake in a suprise the leaders had for us. They, on behalf of the head of the UK contingent, had been nominated to perform in the dome. We were very nervous when we started a round of it's not unusual which we must have nailed as all of the crowd were cheering.

    Following on from this, we went to the Global Development Village where we learnt how to improve the world. In particular, I learnt about how stereotypes can affect the way we see people and can affect us negatively. I think we all learnt something important that can help us and others.

    Then we had free time where some carried on swapping badges like this morning and some spent it resting which yet again was similar to this morning. Then we came to tea time where one of our patrols had prepared a meal for us. Despite their lack of confidence in their culinary ability, the chefs did an excellent job. Now we're enjoying the end of our last day of activities before the closing ceremony tommorow evening.
    Read more