Satellite
Afficher sur la carte
  • Jour 71

    Ferry 🇦🇿Azerbaijan-Kazakhstan🇰🇿

    7 août 2023, Kazakhstan ⋅ ☀️ 29 °C

    After finally getting on the ferry on day 5 of waiting and clearing customs in Alat (Azerbaijan) we made our way to Kuryk (Kazakhstan).
    The whole ride crossing the caspian sea took about 22 hours. I was lucky enough to get on the newest ferry and even got my own cabin so i actually really enjoyed the day on sea. I was the only motorcyclist/tourist on board though and communication with the truckers and crew was a bit difficult without Google translate.

    Getting ln the ship in Azerbaijan was again pretty complicated. They didn‘t really know what to do with me and my motorcycle so i got sent around a lot. People were really nice though and i got offered cay and cold drinks on the way by different people.

    Arriving in Kazakhstan was similarly a bit of a farce. Corrupt and very persistent officials asking for money and just generally not a good organization. Because of that the whole immigration process took about 8 hours which meant i arrived at the hotel at about 1:00-2:00 in the morning. By paying bribes you probably can get through a lot quicker. Still excited about visiting my 14th country of Kazakhstan🇰🇿!

    Eddited video will follow…
    En savoir plus